THE BIG RANDODON FOR THE LOVE OF NATURE!
To commemorate 40 years of the Parc d’environnement naturel de Sutton (P.E.N.S), come hike, play, explore, taste, dance and CELEBRATE nature!
This first annual hike-a-thon invites friends of the park, past and present, to partake in a collective fundraising hike to explore the trails and show the park love. The Big RandoDon is NOT A RACE, but a celebratory fundraiser seeking to encourage hiking with friends and family for a good cause. Funds raised before and during the event will be put towards our Youth-Nature Campaign and our 4 Summits Day Camp.
The Big RandoDon is NOT A RACE, but a celebratory fundraiser seeking to encourage hiking with family and friends for a good cause.
The 3 teams who raise the most can look forward to exciting prizes. With these prizes, participants will discover the natural, gourmet and tourist gems of the region. Numerous participation prizes to be won!
CELEBRATE WITH US ON SEPTEMBER 7, 2019!
The festivities will begin in Sutton Village, make their way up the mountain and come to a close in the late afternoon at the top of Réal Road. Themed activities and workshops will be offered throughout the day. The celebration will culminate with a community cocktail hour during which prizes will be awarded for fundraising and general participation.
Sign up now (or register your family and friends)!
Become a volunteer!
THE DAY'S SCHEDULE
7:00 to 11:00am
- Welcome and hike begins at the Veteran’s Park. Recommended departure times:
- 20k and more: between 7 A.M. and 8 A.M.
- 15k and more: between 8 A.M. and 9 A.M.
- Other distances: between 9 A.M. and 11 A.M.
- Activities at the Veteran’s Park: free breakfast for hikers, face painting for childrens and much more!
- Activities and adventures in Village-Montagne trail: enchanted beings and woodland jesters!
12:00 to 4:00pm
- Activities at the mountain (900 chemin Réal): corn roast, live music and DJ, kiosques and themed workshops, slackline, photobooth and much more!
4:00 to 7:00pm
- Distribution of prizes and anniversary ceremony.
- Gourmet cocktail hour complete with live music!
A ZERO WASTE PARTY!
The best waste is the one that never gets made! The Zero Waste movement is based on the 5R principle : refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle and rot (compost). For the love of nature, the event organizers are aiming to create a carbon-neutral, zero-waste celebration. Each partner, sponsor and participant will collaborate to meet the zero-waste event objective. A shuttle between the village and mountain will be available to facilitate transportation and limit greenhouse gas emissions. Additional ideas and strategies will be shared over the course of the next few months, encouraging a greater awareness of negative consumption habits on the environment, accepting responsibility and motivating us to move towards a zero-waste mindset.