SUMMER CAMP CO-LEADER - found!
What does it look like?
- Co-coordination - in the woods - of a one-of-a-kind day camp, based on the exploration of the forest through hiking, free and organized play and an introduction to ecology, the arts and sciences of nature.
- Management - in the woods - of a team of animators and apprentice animators (teenagers) and 24 children aged 6 to 12, in collaboration with the coordinator.
- Part-time job in June (6 to 7 hrs/week), and full-time from June 26 to August 18 (36-40 hrs/week, over 4 days), with a break week from July 24 to 30.
- Coordinator job guaranteed for the following summer (2024), and more if you like
- One week of training in eco-animation paid for at the start of the season, including first aid, introduction to non-violent communication and overnight stay in a hammock in the forest...
- 4-day week and all weekends off, plus a full week during the summer (July 24-30)
- Salary starting at $20 per hour
- Possibility of accommodation on site (free in tents, we can also help to find a room at a reasonable price in the village)
The wanted person
- Likes children, the outdoors, the forest, the mountains and teamwork
- Is in excellent physical shape, bilingual, reliable, creative and dynamic
- Knows how to stay calm in the storm and to surf on the unexpected
- Knows how to manage a team, schedules and a program of activities
- Is available for a few hours a month from mid-May to participate in hiring and programming activities
- Has a driver's license and can move independently
- Is at least 18 years old
- Studying in a field related to ecology, the outdoors or animation
- Is able to find accommodation in Sutton (but we can help if needed)
To learn more about the camp: https://parcsutton.com/en/activities/4-summits-day-camp
Patricia Lefèvre, M.Env
Parc d'environnement naturel de Sutton
4 Summits Camp Councellor - found!
What does it look like?
• One week of paid training and integration before starting (first aid/non-violent communication/animation and sleep in the forest, from June 27 to July 1)
• All weekends off, plus a full week during the summer (July 24-30)
• A salary that starts at $18 per hour
• Possibility of accommodation on site (free in tents, we can also help to find a room not too expensive in the village)
The wanted person
• Is at least 16 years old - and no more than 30
• Is in great physical shape, an outdoor enthusiast and enjoys working with children
• Has animation experience with 6 to 12 year olds
• Is able to communicate in French and English
• Is responsible, dynamic and creative, with a good team spirit
• Is autonomous in terms of travel
• Has a passion to share with young people which can be practiced in the forest – ephemeral structures, photography, clowning, land art, bugs, pebbles, botany, video, trail running….
• Completed a first year of Cégep in a field relevant to nature animation
Who would you work for?
The 4 summits nature camp is Parc Sutton's day camp. The theme of the camp is to explore nature. Since 2012, we have been offering this experience to campers in groups of 18-22 from Monday to Friday, accompanied by 3 leaders. The experience includes one sleepover at Huttopia Sutton on one of the campsites.
The Sutton Natural Environment Park (Parc Sutton) is an independent non-profit organization that manages a network of hiking trails in the Sutton Mountains and organizes educational and nature awareness activities.
Rustic Trail Maintenance Worker
Do you like nature? Like to work in the woods? Are you in good physical shape? Familiar with a pickaxe and a sledgehammer? Would you like to challenge yourself hiking up a mountain with a full, heavy backpack?
If you answered yes, you are exactly the type of person Park Sutton is looking for to join our Rustic Trail Maintenance team.
- Are you a team player?
- Do you remain positive after three days of shoveling mud?
- Do you have experience in landscaping or forestry?
- Are you interested in learning new trail construction techniques and approaches?
- Do you agree to follow job health and safety standards?
- Are you a punctual, independent person with good physical endurance?
- Are you able to begin your day early in the morning?
- Does a 4 day work week and nearly all weekends off interest you?
- Does a week of vacation during the summer suit you?
- Does paid training interest you?
- Does a starting salary of $17 per hour appeal to you? (more to come with experience)
- 16 years or older
- Successfully completed your first year of CEGEP in a field related to landscaping or forestry.
- Driver’s license and / or the possibility of living in Sutton required. (Park Sutton can help find accommodation)
Are you interested?
Who would you be working for?
The Parc d’environnement naturel de Sutton (Park Sutton) is an independent non-profit organization that manages a network of hiking trails in the Sutton mountains with on-site educational and nature awareness activities.
To learn more about Park Sutton’s trail maintenance check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwn2blYbSJM