4 Summits Camp Councillor
Are you looking forward to the holidays so that you can finally be outside every day? Do you like the outdoors and children? Do you love inventing stories, games and doing projects in nature?
If you answered yes, then we have good news for you! It is precisely someone like you that Parc Sutton needs to animate the fabulous 4 summits camp.
Can you name at least 5 plant
Your first year of CEGEP is successfully completed in a field related to ecology or the outdoors
You have a diploma in relation to camp counsellor (DAFA) and a valid certificate in general first aid (we can help you obtain one)
You have a driver’s license and / or the possibility of staying in Sutton (we can also help you with accommodation)
Sounds appealing to you?
Who would you work for?
The 4 summits nature camp is Parc Sutton's day camp. The theme of the camp is to explore nature. Since 2012, we have been offering this experience to campers in groups of 18-22 from Monday to Friday, accompanied by 3 leaders. The experience includes one sleepover at Huttopia Sutton on one of the campsites.
The Sutton Natural Environment Park (Parc Sutton) is an independent non-profit organization that manages a network of hiking trails in the Sutton Mountains and organizes educational and nature awareness activities.
Rustic Trail Maintenance Worker
Do you like nature? Like to work in the woods? Are you in good physical shape? Familiar with a pickaxe and a sledgehammer? Would you like to challenge yourself hiking up a mountain with a full, heavy backpack?
If you answered yes, you are exactly the type of person Park Sutton is looking for to join our Rustic Trail Maintenance team.
- Are you a team player?
- Do you remain positive after three days of shoveling mud?
- Do you have experience in landscaping or forestry?
- Are you interested in learning new trail construction techniques and approaches?
- Do you agree to follow job health and safety standards?
- Are you a punctual, independent person with good physical endurance?
- Are you able to begin your day early in the morning?
- Does a 4 day work week and nearly all weekends off interest you?
- Does a week of vacation during the summer suit you?
- Does paid training interest you?
- Does a starting salary of $17 per hour appeal to you? (more to come with experience)
- 16 years or older
- Successfully completed your first year of CEGEP in a field related to landscaping or forestry.
- Driver’s license and / or the possibility of living in Sutton required. (Park Sutton can help find accommodation)
Are you interested?
Who would you be working for?
The Parc d’environnement naturel de Sutton (Park Sutton) is an independent non-profit organization that manages a network of hiking trails in the Sutton mountains with on-site educational and nature awareness activities.
To learn more about Park Sutton’s trail maintenance check out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nwn2blYbSJM